Jan 15, 2020
Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) has signed five MoUs with government agencies to pave the way for integration of 11 new investor services with its online One Stop Service (OSS) in a ceremony titled ‘Online OSS: Easier, Faster and Transparent Investment Entry in Bangladesh’.
BIDA signed the MoUs with the Security Services Division (SSD) of the Ministry of Home Affairs, Office of the Chief Controller of Imports and Exports (CCI&E), Chattogram Development Authority (CDA), Dhaka Electric Supply Company (DESCO) and Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) during the programme organised in partnership with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) at Dhaka’s Hotel Amari on Wednesday. The MoUs will pave the way for integration and delivery of 11 services on the single-window platform by June, 2020. (See attachment for list of services and agencies).
The OSS Act passed in February 2018 led to the creation of BIDA’s online OSS. Launched on 24th February, 2019, the OSS currently provides 18 G2B, data-enabled services of BIDA, the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms (RJSC), the National Board of Revenue (NBR) and the Sonali Bank on the basis of six MoUs signed earlier in November, 2018.
“BIDA is dedicated to providing an effective and efficient One Stop Service as part of its overall effort to simplify the processes investors must follow to do business in Bangladesh,” said BIDA Executive Chairman Md. Sirazul Islam, who chaired the programme. “We are working closely with our partners to achieve the target of delivering 154 services of 35 agencies through the OSS.”
Pranesh Ranjan Sutradhar, Chief Controller, CCI&E, Md. Munim Hassan, Joint Secretary (Immigration-1), Security Services Division, MoHA, Tahera Ferdows Begum, Secretary, CDA, Saiful Islam Azad, Secretary, BPDB and SM Zamil Hussain, Deputy General Manager (Company Secretariat), DESCO signed the MoUs on behalf of their organisations and addressed the audience.
Services to be integrated with the OSS on the basis of MoUs signed on January 15th, 2020.
Security Services Division (SSD) of the Ministry of Home Affairs
1) Security Clearance
Office of the Chief Controller of Imports and Exports (CCI&E)
2) Issuance of Import Registration Certificate (IRC)
3) Issuance of Export Registration Certificate (ERC)
4) Renewal of Import Registration Certificate (IRC)
5) Renewal of Export Registration Certificate (ERC)
Chattogram Development Authority (CDA)
6) Issuance of Land Use Clearance
7) Plan Approval
8) Large & Specialized Projects Clearance
9) Issuance of Occupancy Certificate
Dhaka Electric Supply Company (DESCO)
10) New Electricity Connection
Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB)
11) New Electricity Connection
The existing services available on OSS
1. Industrial Project Registration
2. Branch/Liaison/Representative office opening permission
3. Extension of Branch/Liaison/Representative office opening permission
4. Cancellation of Branch/Liaison/Representative office opening permission
5. Amendment of Branch/Liaison/Representative office opening permission
6. Visa Recommendation
7. Amendment of Visa Recommendation
8. Visa on Arrival
9. Amendment of Visa on Arrival
10. Work Permit
11. Extension of Work Permit
12. Cancellation of Work Permit
13. Amendment of Work Permit
14. Remittance Approval
1.Name Clearance Certificate
1.Online Payment Gateway
*Work is under progress with DNCC, DSCC and CCC to deliver trade license though OSS.