Brochure of Tourism sector in Bangladesh
- Tourist spots the country such as Cox’s Bazar, Kuakata, Kantajee Tample, Saint Martin’s Island, Sonargoan, Sylhet, Sundarbans, Ramsagor, and so on have attained huge number of tourist
- About half a billion USD was earned from the tourism sector in 2017.
- People of Bangladesh are very hospitable and tourist friendly.
- Unique archaeological sites, cultural heritage and eco-tourism products like the world’s largest mangrove forest, the Sundarbans, the world’s longest unbroken sea beach in Cox’s Bazar (120km), the oldest archaeological site in the Southern Himalayas-Paharpur and world’s largest terracotta temple – Kantaji Temple in Dinajpur, and spectacular monuments and mausoleums of language movement and liberation war of the country.
- The WTTC predicted that by 2023, travel and tourism will directly generate 2 million jobs and support an overall total of 4 million jobs, or 4.2 percent of the country’s total employment.
- This would represent an annual growth rate in direct jobs of 2.9%.
- Bangladesh’s world ranking in 2017 was 173 out of 185 (for diverse contribution to GDP).