Brochure of shipbuilding sector in Bangladesh
- Number of Companies: 130
- Ships made in Bangladesh are 15% cheaper than even Chinese ships and are of the same quality
- The productivity of labors is good & average hourly labor charge in is only US$ 1.00
- Global shipbuilding market size is US$ 1,600 billion. 1% of the global order for only small ships market the amount will be worth US$ 4 billion for Bangladesh
- Present capacity is 0.84% of global shipbuilding production
- Declared as “Thrust Sector” in a different policy.
- 5 %t incentive on export