Ease of Doing Business
To promote sustainable and inclusive investment development Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA) ha undertaken massive reform activities to ensure:
- Creation of true one-stop service for the investors,
- Facilitation of the development of entrepreneurs,
- Facilitate to create necessary skills to match the needs of higher value production chains,
- Endeavor to improve the ratings of Bangladesh in various indicators such ‘Doing Business report of World Bank’, ‘Global Competitive Index’ of the World Economic Forum and others.
The endeavors undertaken are:
- Improve the ratings of Bangladesh which currently 176th out of the 189 economies mentioned in the ‘Ease of Doing Business’ report to a ‘double digit’ ranking by 2021.
- Reform area includes streamlining regularity service delivery in the National Board of Revenue, Directorate of Environment, RAJUK, Courts, Export Promotion Bureau, Chief Controller of Import and Export (CCIE) and other agencies in the 11 thematic areas which are
- Starting a Business,
- Dealing with Construction Permits,
- Getting Electricity,
- Registering Property,
- Getting Credit,
- Protecting Minority Investors,
- Paying Taxes,
- Trading across Borders,
- Enforcing Contracts and
- Resolving Insolvency as mentioned in the report.
The reforms when implemented will ensure better business climate and smother business operation.